DFEH is committed to its obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and California Government Code Section 11135 to ensure the accessibility of its programs and activities to individuals with disabilities. To support this effort, this website has been designed and tested to ensure accessibility, including through partnership with the California Department of Rehabilitation. We welcome feedback to enhance the accessibility of this site for all individuals by contacting DFEH’s ADA Coordinator.
High contrast is necessary for many users. The State’s websites uses style sheets and some of the best contrast combinations, black on white, white on dark green, or blue on white. However, some users can see better using high contrast reverse types, such as white on black, or different colors. Go to your browser tool or option to customize your own web browser to better view all web pages.
Using Our Website
Our website contains various file types and requires you use the latest web browsers. If you experience issues while using a browser’s latest version, try a different browser. Our call center can’t assist you with technical issues.
For a seamless experience on our website, make sure:
- Pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Mobile device OS settings are properly configured.
- You use the latest version of Adobe Reader – External Site to download, view, and print our forms.
- You download the free Microsoft Word Viewer – External Site and Microsoft Excel Viewer – External Site if you don’t have software that supports Word and Excel formats (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx).
How to enable Adobe Reader
- In the upper right hand corner of your browser, select the vertical ellipses.
- Select Settings.
- Select Show advanced settings.
- Under Privacy, select the Content settings… button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Content settings.
- Select the checkbox to Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application.
- Select Done.
All Other Browsers
For all other browsers, please use Adobe Help - External Site.