I Want To
- Login to the online system to file a complaint, obtain a Right to Sue notice or request public records.
You can file a complaint by telephone or by mail.
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar or Subscribe to Webinar Alerts
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney. Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
Fair employment and housing council
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Text of Proposed Amendments to the California Family Rights Act Regulations
Fair Employment and Housing Council's Proposed Amendments to its California Family Rights Act Regulations
JULY 2014 Events
- July 12-13 - Director Phyllis Cheng participates in the State Bar Labor & Employment Law Executive Committee Meeting, Orange County.
- July 15 - Director Phyllis Cheng participates in the Northern California Employment Round Table Meeting, Walnut Creek.
- July 16 - DFEH presents Webinar on "Sexual Harassment Prevention Training."
- July 17 - Southern California Mediation Association meeting, Los Angeles County.
- July 18 - Director Phyllis Cheng makes presentation to Paul Hastings, Los Angeles.
- July 30 - Northern California Tribal Consultation Policies Meeting, Sacramento.
- July 30 - DFEH presents Webinar on "CFRA, PDL and Other Leaves."
- July 31 – DFEH Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at a Town Hall co-sponsored by the California Women’s Law Center and Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- Pepperdine University Law School
- UC San Diego Extension
- CSU Bakersfield
- College of the Canyons
- Rio Hondo College