FEH Councilmembers Webcast
Join the live webcast on June 18th, 2013 at 10:00 am by:
- Video Link
- Conference Call Number: (800) 230-1085
I Want To
- File a Complaint
If you have a visual impairment, please call us at (800) 884-1684. You can also file a complaint by contacting us or by mail.
- Resume my Session
Finish filing my incomplete intake form.
- Obtain or Amend a Right to Sue Notice
Request a Right to Sue Notice and go straight to court without DFEH investigating your complaint. Review the guidelines to amend. If you have a visual impairment please call us at (800) 884-1684.
- Submit a Public Records Request
Read the guidelines for submitting a request. If you have a visual impairment please call us at (800) 884-1684.
- Respond to a Complaint
Contact your investigator directly to obtain access to the new online system. Respondents can upload a response and check the status of a pending complaint.
- Mediate a Complaint
Effective January 1, 2013, prior to filing a civil action, the Department will require all parties to the action to participate in cost-free mandatory dispute resolution in the DFEH's internal Dispute Resolution Division. The Department will continue to also offer voluntary pre-investigation mediation.
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Subscribe to Webinar Alerts
Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney.
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
- Submit a Std. Form 16
Submit a Std. Form 16 on behalf of a State agency or department. More information about the Office of Compliance Programs coming soon.
APRIL IS LGBT PRIDE MONTH
- June 10 - Chief of Enforcement Nelson Chan makes a presentation at the California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) Diversity Summit, San Francisco.
- June 11 - Director Phyllis Cheng makes a presentation on sexual harassment prevention at the Reingold Eye Institute, North Hollywood.
- June 13 - Senior Staff Counsel Phoebe Liu presents a DFEH webinar on preventing LGBT discrimination.
- June 13 - Director Phyllis Cheng makes a presentation at the CalHR EEO Conference, Sacramento.
- June 14 - Director Phyllis Cheng holds quarterly meeting with CELA, Pasadena.
- June 18 - The DFEH Fair Employment and Housing Council holds its inaugural meeting, State Personnel Board Auditorium, Sacramento.
- June 24 - DFEH Los Angeles Regional Office moves into new offices at the Junipero Serra State Building, 320 West 4th St., 10th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Connect With Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
- Monthly Calendars
- Laws and Decisions
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- CSU Bakersfield