I Want To
- File a Complaint Online or Obtain/Amend a Right to Sue Notice
You can also file a complaint by telephone or by mail.
- Resume My Session
Continue your complaint online, amend your Right to Sue, or obtain a new Right to Sue if you already have an account.
- Request Public Records
Read the guidelines for submitting a request. ***IMPORTANT: At this time you must obtain a new account for each public records request. We are working to correct this issue as soon as possible.***
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar or Subscribe to Alerts
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney. Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
Fair employment and housing council
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Text of Proposed Amendments to the California Family Rights Act Regulations
Fair Employment and Housing Council's Proposed Amendments to its California Family Rights Act Regulations
march 2014 Events
- March 10 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at the Southwestern Labor & Employment Law Section Seminar, Los Angeles.
- March 12 - Legislative and Regulatory Counsel Brian Sperber speaks before the Channel Islands Public Management Association-Human Resources, Ventura.
- March 12 - Associate Chief Counsel Nelson Chan speaks before the Department of Child Support Services, Sacramento.
- March 20 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp Labor and Employment Practice Group Seminar, Los Angeles.
- March 26 - Senior Staff Counsel Phoebe Liu presents a DFEH Webinar on Sex Discrimination.
- March 27 - Director Phyllis Cheng presents keynote at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo Employment Law Conference, Cerritos.
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- Pepperdine University Law School
- UC San Diego Extension
- CSU Bakersfield
- College of the Canyons
- Rio Hondo College