New Public Interface Coming Soon!
New public interface for online system will be released in April 2014. Click here to learn more and get prepared today.
I Want To
- File a Complaint Online or Obtain/Amend a Right to Sue Notice
You can also file a complaint by telephone or by mail.
- Resume My Session
Continue your complaint online, amend your Right to Sue, or obtain a new Right to Sue if you already have an account.
- Request Public Records
Read the guidelines for submitting a request. ***IMPORTANT: At this time you must obtain a new account for each public records request. We are working to correct this issue as soon as possible.***
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar or Subscribe to Alerts
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney. Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
Fair employment and housing council
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Text of Proposed Amendments to the California Family Rights Act Regulations
Fair Employment and Housing Council's Proposed Amendments to its California Family Rights Act Regulations
march 2014 Events
- April 2 - Senate Rules Committee unanimously confirms Governor Brown's appointees to the Fair Employment and Housing Council. See the photo and video .
- April 2 - Associate Chief Counsel Nelson Chan speaks at the State Bar of California Public Law Section's Public Service Careers Reception for New Lawyers and Students, UC Irvine School of Law.
- April 4 -Director Phyllis Cheng and FEH Councilmember Andrew Schneiderman speak at the State Bar of California Real Property Law Section, Fair Housing and Public Accommodations Subsection, 6th Annual Symposium, UC Irvine School of Law.
- April 7 - DFEH Fair Employment and Housing Council holds its Meeting and Hearing on Amendments to the CFRA Regulations, UC Irvine School of Law.
- April 9 - Director Phyllis Cheng and Chief Counsel Jon Ichinaga speak at the American Bar Association 4th National Conference on Employment and Education Law Impacting Persons with Disabilities, Los Angeles.
- April 16 - FEH Councilmember Patricia Perez and Senior Staff Counsel Alexandra Seldin present a DFEH Webinar on Sexual Harassment Prevention.
- April 17 - Consultant Abraham Mendoza participates in Farmworker Appreciation Day, Visalia.
- April 24 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at the State Bar of California's Inaugural Regional Meeting of the Access to Justice Commission's Incubator Program, San Francisco. Associate Chief Counsel Nelson Chan speaks at the Shasta Fair Housing, Redding.
- April 25-26 - Director Phyllis Cheng, Fair Employment & Housing Council Chairperson Chaya Mandelbaum and Councilmember Dale Brodsky speak at the State Bar of California 31st Labor and Employment Law Section Annual Meeting and 20th Annual Public Sector Conference, Berkeley.
- April 30 - Staff Counsel Megan Elsea presents a DFEH Webinar on Fair Housing and Public Accommodations. Consultant Abraham Mendoza participates in Farmworker Appreciation Day, Porterville.March 10 - Director Phyllis Cheng speaks at the Southwestern Labor & Employment Law Section Seminar, Los Angeles.
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- Pepperdine University Law School
- UC San Diego Extension
- CSU Bakersfield
- College of the Canyons
- Rio Hondo College