DFEH's Historic Settlement with the Law School Admission Council
A multimillion-dollar settlement levels the playing field for individuals with disabilities in law school admissions and provides for compensation to victims of discrimination and changes in LSAC’s policies or practices. See more.
I WANT TO
- Login to the online system to file an inquiry, obtain a Right to Sue notice or request public records. You can file an inquiry or request immediate Right to Sue by telephone or by mail.
- Subscribe to Civil Rights Case Law Alerts
Receive alerts about new California and federal decisions, cases pending, new laws on employment and housing discrimination, public accommodations and hate violence.
- Request a Speaker
Request a DFEH representative to speak at your event or training.
- Register for a Webinar or Subscribe to Webinar Alerts
Attend monthly trainings presented by a DFEH attorney. Receive invitations and reminders about training opportunities .
- Ask a Question
About a final paycheck, overtime, minimum wage, vacation policy, breaks, eviction, rent or landlord/tenant issues.
- Follow the New Fair Employment and Housing Council
Effective January 1, 2013, Senate Bill 1038 eliminated the Fair Employment and Housing Commission. The Department's Fair Employment and Housing Council has assumed the former Commission's rulemaking authority. Persons interested in a gubernatorial appointment to the Fair Employment and Housing Council can apply by submitting an application online or by mail using the form on the Governor's web site. The former Commission's amended disability and pregnancy regulations, effective December 30, 2012, can be found here.
FAIR EMPLOYMENT AND HOUSING COUNCIL
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Text of Proposed Amendments to the California Family Rights Act Regulations
Fair Employment and Housing Council's Proposed Amendments to its California Family Rights Act Regulations
OCTOBER 2014 EVENTS
- October 10 - Fisher and Phillips Breakfast Briefing.
- October 15 - Asian-Pacific Bar Association of Sacramento 2014 Annual Dinner.
- October 24 - California Association of Equal Rights Professionals Annual Conference, Los Angeles.
- October 25 - Women's Commission of City of Carson Symposium.
If you are blind, visually impaired or have a reading or print disability or have any other disability and having problems with any part of this site please feel free to request the material in question in an accessible format. You can submit your request by mail, phone or email to:
C/O Web Admin, 2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100, Elk Grove, CA 95758
(916) 478-7251 (voice) or
email@example.com and add Web Admin in the subject line.
- Fair Employment and Housing Council
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- US Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Disability Rights Legal Center
- Employment Roundtable of Southern California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar
- UC Irvine Law School
- UC Davis Law School
- Pepperdine University Law School
- UC San Diego Extension
- CSU Bakersfield
- College of the Canyons
- Rio Hondo College